Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poem: BEYOND DEATH

Have I become
Heavily heartless?
Staring down true love
With mistrust or disdain
Preferring lust,
Gold and Silver?

Have I become
Resolutely ruthless?
Ignoring friends, and ties
Striving only to succeed,
To get ahead?

Have I become
Considerably callous?
Staring poverty, and penury
In the face,
Yet blaming the victim
For their state.
Hardly lending a hand?

Have I become
Pathological paranoid?
Isolating myself in
Physical or financial castle
Else my ‘enemies’
Destroy everything
I have worked for,
And become.

Have I...?
Have You...?

Have we become
Ignorant or arrogant?
Of what lies, beyond earth,
Beyond death!



Those who read this, also read:

Fleeting Breath (Aka Dying Diane)

Fatal Fall

Learning Curve

Travails of Truth

My Conscience







No comments:

Post a Comment