Friday, July 17, 2009

Poem: FLEETING BREATH (AKA DYING DIANE)

Darkness encroaches
Encircling me
My senses falter,
Weakened
By an uncanny numbness

My mind wanders
To where I often wander
Filling my void
With flickering colored lights
Of the disco hall;
My ears
With raves
Of the crashing waves

My eyes feasting
On the young
Muscular men, lustfully
While my head,
Rests firmly on
My boyfriend’s thigh,
On the sandy beach

Now the stern-faced preacher-man
Peeps in
Saying again,
Those words
About now!
I wonder where I go
As my less than threescore lifespan
Ticks to its end,
In this freaky car crash

My mind wanders, here, there
Meeting some loved ones,
And moments
Then,
Fades
Gently
Into a bright white light


Those who read this, also read:


Fatal Fall

Beyond Death

I pass my neighbour

No comments:

Post a Comment