Monday, August 3, 2009

Poem: GORY TALE (II): I PASS MY NEIGHBOR

I powered on my generator
Nicknamed, I pass my neighbor
Small, compact, it is
To add to the twinkles
Of lights,
Scattered across the neighborhood

To add its noise to
The cacophony of noise
From the smallest
To the biggest
Of generators
Rulers of the night

To add to the pollution
Of air, and sound

I wished I wouldn’t
But the Power Holding Company of Nigeria
And powers that be
Have forced this on me
- on us
Nigerians (small and mighty)

I listened to the news,
Analysis of plans
I watch some movies
And then it watched over me
Deep into the night,
Deep into my sleep

I woke
In the morning
To a noise of another kind
Horrified voices
And bangs on my door
A family of four
Have died in their sleep
Fumes
From my generator, small and compact
Beneath our window boundaries
Has aided and abetted,
In multiple homicide!
My generator - I pass my neighbor
Has killed my neighbors



Those who read this poem, also read:

Deadly Chatter

Fatal Fall

Fleeting Breath (Aka Dying Diane)






No comments:

Post a Comment